“Their jaws DROPPED when my daughter sat down and started to play...”
- 12 Major Scales and Chords for Piano
- 12 Minor Chords and Scales for Piano
- Beethoven Piano Book : Elementary level arrangements of selected Beethoven works.
- Beginning Finger Exercises : This is something I cooked up myself. It helps the new pianist gain control of their fingers.
- Beginning Finger Exercises 2 : More finger control exercises.
- Chord Exercise in C : Another homemade resource; a chord exercise for the beginner that sounds sort of like music. :-)
- Classic Themes By The Masters : This is an excellent out of print book that someone took the time to scan and make printable. It is a collection of well-known classical pieces that are arranged for the beginning to intermediate pianist.
- Elementary Piano Music : An incredible amount of elementary level piano songs and exercises. Very high quality material.
- First Guitar Lesson : A recap (or preview) of what we cover in our usual first guitar lesson.
- Fundamental Keys Piano Method : This is the piano method I use for middle school through adult beginners. It's an excellent introduction to piano using a very gentle classical method. I have had a great deal of success with it. When you click the link, you will be buying directly from the author, so you're helping support a fellow artist. It's a win-win.
- GuitarNick's Easy Songs for Beginners : I like this guy's material, and I like to use some of it. It's well written and easy to follow. He has help videos for most of the songs, too.
- How To Find the Notes on the Keyboard : We cover this in the first piano lesson, but if you need a reminder, here it is.
- Making Music Fun All-in-One Primer Book : This is an excellent primer-level piano method. It's what I normally use with beginning kids.
- Making Music Fun Book 1 : The continuation of the All-in-One book. Sometimes we will start with this one, with an older child or beginning adult.
- Mozart Piano Book : Elementary arrangements of selected Mozart works for piano.
- Piano Keyboard With Note Names : You might like to have this for reference, but you really won't need it very long. :-)
- VIDEO -- 1st Guitar Lesson : This is a review of the first guitar lesson. It's a little dark (it was a rainy day), and it's not edited to perfection (not at all, actually) but it does the job. Enjoy it!