Would you like to record a song or poem you've written? Do you need an audition recording for college entrance? What about an audiobook, or a spoken word project? Are you in a band, and you need a quality demo recording to get work? Are you a karaoke singer, and your friends want a recording of you? We can help.
- Quiet, professional atmosphere.
- Quality digital recording using Tascam professional hardware, Apple Logic, and Acoustica Mixcraft software.
- We have a Sonor drum set, Yamaha, Roland, and Korg synthesizers, as well as many software based synths.
- We have two acoustic pianos. We have a Story and Clark studio upright, and a Wurlitzer 6 foot grand. Mr. Norton is a piano tuner and technician, and our pianos are always in tune and regulated, and ready to play. There is no extra charge to use our pianos, nor is there a tuning fee.
- We can record up to 16 channels at once. We can get your whole band playing together, and record everyone in one pass if you're more comfortable that way.
- We provide an experienced recording engineer with every project.
- We can mix and master your finished product here in house, and give you masters for duplication on your own, or we can arrange duplication and production of final product for you. If you only need a few pieces, we can also do a small run of 25 pieces of finished product for you here in house.
- We can arrange to have your finished product available for sale on iTunes and other digital download sites.
We record all music genres, but we are partial to Christian music of any genre, as well as country, blues, r&b, and pop/rock.
We are well-equipped to record acoustic instruments and vocals, with a nice quiet tracking room, which also houses our grand piano.
We prefer not to do hard rock, metal, punk, or rap, as there are other studios that are better set up for those genres. We are also well equipped to do spoken word recording.
Typical Recording Rates (all rates include all equipment, and the services of a recording engineer):
- Block rate -- 3 hours -- $160.00
- Daily rate -- 9 hours -- $500.00
- Hourly rate -- $75.00
- A performing group of three or more members requires an up-front, non-refundable deposit of $200 to reserve the space (this is for room setup, drum setup, piano tuning, etc., as needed, prior to your arrival). The deposit will be applied to your balance at the end of the first day. However, if you do not show up for your appointment, the deposit is forfeited.
- No recorded material is released to the client without all fees being paid.
- Electronic production of backing tracks (drums, bass, keys, synth, guitar) -- $250 per song
- Post production editing of timing issues (bass, drums, etc.) -- $100 per individual instrument track (for example, kick drum, snare, hi hat, each tom, etc., are all individual tracks ... this can get very expensive, very quickly. For marginal performances, we recommend just re-recording the track.)
- Post production editing of vocal issues (pitch, timing, phrasing, or, excessive lip smacks, coughs, "ums" and "ahs", gasps of breath, etc.) -- $100 per vocal track (we would ideally record multiple takes, and get the very best possible performance, blend those together, and then edit the one final track).
- Finished/pre-recorded music editing -- create mix of two or more songs, change key, tempo, remove vocals, add instruments, create chord charts -- $50 per song.
- Cassette to mp3 conversion -- $ 1.00 per minute of finished mp3. Example: 60 minutes of mp3= $60.00. 95 minutes of mp3=$95.00, etc.
- Cassette to CD conversion -- $25.00 per song. Example: a cassette you recorded back in the 80s on cassette has 10 songs, and you want that cassette converted into a CD master that you can duplicate. $250.00.
- CD copies -- $10.00 each.
- Small run of CDs (25 pieces) -- $125.00. CDs only, no artwork, cases, or labels.